Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Professors fired from a Christian school?

This post was banned from an article that mentioned two Christian professors had been fired for teaching evolution. Everyone on the site was crying about how unfair this was to the professors and what a crime against education.

The following was my response. It was banned from Inside Higher Education. I will not commend the site for its promptitude in removing a dissenting voice.

Here's the post:

I find this entire argument without merit. I know very well that most employees of Christian schools are required to sign documentation that they sincerely believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior and will not support anything that goes against his gospel. So a couple of teachers violated their oath to uphold Christian principles and they lost their jobs. I call that appropriate, just as I would say it is appropriate to fire a clerk who is stealing change from the customers

No comments:

Post a Comment